Thursday 15 March 2012

Magazine Cover First Draft

In order to create the best possible pieces for my media, I have decided to run up a first draft of both the film a magazine cover, and the poster. I then approached peers and my teacher to seek advice and criticism, which I could then use to improve both the pieces.
Media Magazine Front Cover:
For my magazine front cover I decided to use a picture of my films drug dealer, as I felt this would lead to a more interesting interview, and as he does not feature predominantly in the trailer, it adds another perspective of advertisement for the film, as interest about his character can be generated. In the photo I had him “in role”, as a means of again advertising the film, more so than the actor himself. The picture was well received by my peers, but comments were made upon the standard of the image, as it appears stretched, but I will change the dimensions in the final edit to ensure this does not affect the overall piece. The mast head was given positive feedback, although it was said to be too small, but this can easily be altered if required. The plug received criticism, so it will be essential that I alter this so its more parallel to the illustrious sounding name I have given the magazine, as it as the feel of a high class magazine. The choice of colour was also questioned in the same manner, as a darker richer colour could be employed to give substance to the idea of a high class magazine. The cover was also be though to be too “word heavy”, but again this can easily be  edited, making each part more snappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment